27 January 2010

Puzzling Thoughts

In an effort to do something interactive and watch the least amount of tv possible, Brian and I have integrated one my favorite pastimes into our leisure- jigsaw puzzles! Jigsaws have been a longtime staple of my family's holiday get-togethers.  But there's tons of great puzzles out there that aren't holiday-themed at all, so we thought it would be fun to have an ongoing puzzle from now on.  We just finished the first- it took less than a week! Our garage sale find was only missing five pieces and is entitled "Here's to Happy Hours!" It was just a 500-piece so I think we'll go for at least 1000 on our next one.



1 comment:

  1. I like it! This is something our families have in common. When we lived in Glenwood we had a game table in the family room and we always had a puzzle going in the winter. Occasionally someone (I won’t name names) would steal the last piece so they could be the person who completed the puzzle. My sister Alice always had a puzzle going in the winter too. How much fun!

    ReplyDelete