29 January 2010

Chop Chop!

When I was in undergrad at BU, a friend of mine grew out her hair and donated it to Locks for Love. Locks for Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children who suffer from long-term medical hair loss.  I always thought this was a unique and easy way to give a little something to someone in need.  I started growing it out around summertime 2008, and then last spring I finally had enough to chop off.  You have to be able to give at least 9 inches, and I think in the end I donated about 11.  I wouldn't say this was something necessarily on my 'thirty' list, but if I get 29 accomplishments complete, and I need one more thing, I might count it.

Before I donated:


After:


*- This is definitely the shortest my hair has been since 1995 when I was in junior high.

My official letter from Locks for Love!




1 comment: